I thought I would switch things up on this post and possibly help anyone who may be struggling to lose or maintain their weight. It is so difficult to do in this society as it seems everything we do revolves around food. The key is to keep that in mind and then prepare in advance. With that being said here are some daily reminders you need to consider:
- The weight did not come on overnight so it is not going to come off overnight either
- Be realistic, do not fad diet and then wonder why the weight plus more comes back after you stop doing it. Thus, being consistent and STOP dieting, eat healthy, exercise and be cognitive everyday of what you are putting in your mouth.
- Read…..look at labels. It’s not just the calories that matter, but sodium, fat, carbohydrates, protein and SUGAR!!! I feel that every meal should have some form of protein that out weighs carbs and fat. Diets high in carbs and fat do 1 thing, make you fat.
- Drink water, all day. Water is beneficial for so many things. It makes your skin look better, keeps you hydrated and it also fills you up so that you are not as hungry when it comes to meal time so you do not overeat. Not a fan of plain water? Why not add some lemon slices or cucumber? Plus, there are so many options now to flavor water, look for them in the juice aisle of your grocery store. Just be sure that you look for calorie free options with no sugar.
- Portion control, enough said. Again read labels to see exactly how many portions there are per item or even in a recipe you are making. If the recipe you are making is 350 calories per serving with 6 servings and you eat half of it in 1 sitting you just ate 1050 calories instead of 350. Be honest with yourself.
Alright, alright enough of that for now. I also use tools to help check me so to speak. I highly recommend that you get a calorie counter for your phone or tablet. I am a big fan of MyFitnessPal, you can set up your daily goals and it has a huge database of food already recorded. Plus, it has nutritional info logged for when you go out to eat. This will help you make better choices and keep you checked for the day. Here are the links to download to your smartphone or tablet>
- iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calorie-counter-diet-tracker/id341232718
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android
Another thing I love is my Fitbit! Fitbit tracks your steps, the number of miles you have walked, active minutes, sleep, exercise, water intake calories in and out. What a great way to keep on track and you can add friends from your contacts and challenge each other. A little competition never hurts! I would recommend you purchase it from Amazon rather than say Best Buy. On Amazon it is $20 cheaper and if you are an Amazon Prime member you get free shipping. See the link below to get yours!
Need help with planning or a nutritional consult? Call or text me anytime, 309.323.0142. As always please feel free to comment or message me, I would love your feedback.