So it’s Friday night and you are thinking let’s order in pizza. Do you really want to waste your cheat meal now and not save it for Saturday or Sunday?? Good news for you I have an old stand by that is so versatile!
Low Carb Tortilla Pizza
Here is what I used:
- 1 La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla – Large size
- 1/4 Cup Meijer Brand Organic Tomatoes Crushed with Basil
- 1/2 Kraft 2% Milk, Natural Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese Stick
- A sprinkle of Kraft 2% Milk Shredded Mexican Cheese
- A sprinkle of basil
- Take your tortilla and if you have one, put in your pizza oven and bake it on both sides until firm, but not burnt. If you do not have a pizza oven you can use a skillet which will toast it and do pretty much the same thing.
- Next, add your sauce. I like this sauce a lot because it has a ton of flavor and is very low in sugar….like 2 grams. It sometimes has a little moisture that runs off the edge a bit, but you can dab that up with paper towel before you finish it.
- Top with the cheese and basil. The basil gives it really good flavor and does not cost you any calories
- Bake in your pizza oven until cheese has melted or under your broiler.
For me less is more with this recipe. The more toppings you add it just weighs down the pizza, but adding turkey pepperoni or turkey sausage would be a nice addition.
Nutrtitional value: The whole pizza: about 170 calories, 8 net carbs, 16 grams protein, 3 grams sugar, 7 grams fat. I use #Myfitnesspal app to create recipes which yields nutritional info.
So that’s it, pizza night is done!
Please feel free to comment below or ask any questions. Let me know what you think!